Here are 5 easy things you can do before your monitor arrives to make set up as easy as possible.
- Find the right spot. Your smart monitor will work best on a flat, level surface. Most short pile carpets and mats will be just fine, too. To maximize the accuracy of your data, avoid long or shag carpets.
- Think about your power source. Conveniently, your smart monitor can be plugged in or powered by batteries (included). Choosing the right one for you depends on your cat and the placement of your litterbox. If your cat is a cord chewer, or if your litterbox is far from a wall socket, we recommend using batteries.
- Check your Wi-Fi. The smart part of the smart litterbox monitor needs to be connected to the internet. Be sure the location you choose for your monitor has a good Wi-Fi connection. If your network has a password, keep it handy for set up, you’ll need it. (The smart litterbox monitor uses the 2.4gHZ band on your router. For more info on this, click here.)
- Make sure your litterbox will fit. The smart monitor works with conventional rectangular or oval litterboxes no larger than 21” x 16”. Avoid self-cleaning or triangular-shaped corner boxes.
- Download the Petivity App. You can download the free Petivity app at any point. Though you won’t be able to fully set up the system until the smart monitor arrives, it’s always good to be prepared.
It’s a really exciting time. We can’t wait for you to get your device and see a whole new dimension of your cat’s health.