The Petivity Smart Litter Box Monitor is made to fit seamlessly into your, and your cat’s, environment. Throughout the design process, our pet behavior and veterinary experts worked to create a monitor that is as low-impact as possible.
We understand that our pets’ senses are, in many cases, better than our own. So, we consciously chose to build the device with your cat’s comfort in mind. A slim profile. No buzzing or mechanical noises. No unnecessary lights.
However, if your cat is generally uneasy around new objects, you can integrate the system into your home slowly, so your cat can acclimate to it gradually. Here’s a step-by-step guide.
- Remove the smart monitor from the package and put it out of the cat’s view for a few days.
- Introduce the smart monitor to the room your litter box is in, without placing it under your litter box. Give your cat a few days to get used to the monitor’s presence. You can help the process along by placing treats or toys atop the monitor.
- Once your cat is comfortable with the presence of the smart monitor, without placing it under the litter box, turn the device on. Allow your cat a few days to get used to the subtle sounds and lights the monitor produces.
- Once your cat is comfortable with the smart monitor (either ignoring it or engaging positively with it), move it next to the existing litter box.
- If your cat continues to use their litter box as usual with the smart monitor nearby, place the monitor under the litter box and add fresh litter. Cats enjoy clean boxes and will often jump in to test out new litter right after the box is cleaned.
- Continue to monitor your cat’s behavior around the box, now with the help of Petivity. If necessary, restart the acclimation process. All cats are different, and some need a little more time to get acclimated to new objects.